HOME WINDOW REPAIR BY ARDMOR, INC.
REPAIR – REPLACE – INSTALL
We are are currently serving areas located in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware. We are dedicated to providing expert wood window/door repair. Our company is the culmination of over 7 years of residential carpentry and remodeling experience. Over the years, we have worked with all of the major window manufacturers. We have also used different window materials such as wood, clad, vinyl and composite. Full unit, insert and glass block are examples of installation techniques that we have employed. We have completed projects involving hundreds of windows, as well as the restoration or replacement of a single window.
WHY CHOOSE ARDMOR, INC.?
WINDOW AND DOOR SERVICES
- Window RepairWindow RepairHome window repairs are very common for window mechanisms that become weakened or broken over time. This can occur as a result of harsh weather or general wear and tear.
- Door RepairDoor RepairArdmor is made up of a team of proud specialists in window and door repairs as well as millwork carpentry.
- Glass ReplacementGlass ReplacementGlass panels can become scratched, shattered or foggy for a number of reasons. In addition to obstructing your view
- Window ReplacementWindow ReplacementWhile window repair has many advantages, there are certain circumstances in which a full window replacement is absolutely necessary.
- Door ReplacementDoor ReplacementSymbolic of a welcoming home front, the entryway of your house is a unique feature that can represent your personal flair.
- Is it possible to repair a window with fogged glass?Is it possible to repair a window with fogged glass?Well, can it? It’s a question that many people will have to ask themselves eventually. The simple answer yes but most companies won’t tell you that you can. Let’s start with how double pane glass is made and what will cause it to fail in the first place.Double pane windows are made with two panes of glass placed over a spacer. The sealant is then applied, creating a space between the panes that is filled with air, or in many cases, a gas, such as argon or krypton. The air or gas provides an additional layer of protection against the outside elements, making your rooms far more comfortable and energy efficient than old single pane glass. So, to get back on track, we now know we have two panes of glass that are “sealed” to a spacer of some kind. So why would they fail? There are many reasons why the seal would fail causing moisture to form between the panes of glass. The most common is simply age. Depending on the quality of the window, the seal will last anywhere from five to around twenty years in perfect conditions. Now if You’re like Me, perfect conditions don’t happen very often so here […]
- Foggy Glass Replacement in Montgomery, PAFoggy Glass Replacement in Montgomery, PAThis is no way to look out at the world, through a blurry, mottled window. Worse than that, the dirty-looking glass makes the inside of the home look dingy. And even worse than that, the window is no longer providing the insulation necessary to keep the home energy efficient. An insulating glass unit (IGU) is composed of two panels of glass separated by a spacer and sealed together at the edges. The sealed space between the two panels may be a vacuum or may be filled with a gas (usually argon or krypton). That sealed space in the primary means of reducing heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer. It not only makes your home more comfortable and lowers your heating and air-conditioning bills lower, it decreases your energy consumption, a major factor in protecting our environment. All of that is dependent on the seal. If a seal fails, moist air enters the space between the panes. The moisture evaporates when the weather is warm, then condenses when it is cold. In the above photo, you see the trapped condensation. It isn’t ever going away. It’s only going to get worse. Seals don’t “blow” easily. They have […]
- Check Your Window Screens RegularlyCheck Your Window Screens RegularlyIf you are living in a region where the sun shines a little too bright or an area that suffers from severe humidity, then you surely have a lot to worry about. Hot and bright sunrays penetrating your windows will not only increase the temperature but also affect your furnishings (How you wonder?). Well exposing your fabric sofa or plastic decorative to direct sunlight will fade its color in the long run. How would your sofa look with one side faded and the other intact? Funny right? And you surely don’t want that to happen, which is why you need a window screen at your home immediately. Window screens can protect your house in one too many ways. Firstly, they add a tinting effect to your windows, which means that sunlight penetration would be lower. The net mesh, mostly made out of fiberglass or wired mess, creates an obstacle for sunlight to bypass properly and reduces penetration. Secondly, it will reduce the visibility at night, meaning, you can keep your curtains apart without worrying about a peeking eye. Well that just happens to cover a few advantages associated with window screens. There are other underlying benefits of equipping your windows with […]